Can you believe Christmas is only a few weeks away!?! This time of the year is filled with holiday parties, shopping and more holiday parties. Each year I have several holiday events to attend and almost all of them require a dish to share. I know Christmas cookies are the classic go to dessert but sometimes its nice to have something a little different and these truffles are just the thing. They are simple to make, easy to transport and perfect for holiday parties! Enjoy.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp honey or coconut nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of your choice (mini size work best)
- In a food processor or powerful blender add the dates and cashews.
- Process the mixture for 2-3 minutes. You should have a slightly grainy but sticky mixture.
- Add in the honey and vanilla extract and pulse a few times to throughly mix.
- Add the chocolate chips to the processor and pulse 3 or 4 times until the chocolate chips are mixed in but not broken apart.
- Using the palms of your hands form the mixture into 18-20 bite sized truffles.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow them to set.
Makes 18-20 bite sized truffles.
Make sure to the store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s best to wrap them in plastic wrap before storing to ensure they do not dry out.