If you’ve been following this blog for awhile then you know I have a food crush on garlic. There’s rarely a meal I make that doesn’t contain garlic. So is it any wonder that one of my favorite companies is Garlic Gold?! I have tried every single one of their products and it’s been love at first taste. Garlic Gold recently came out with 2 new products – Garlic Gold Southwest Nuggets and Garlic Gold Herbs de Provence Nugget – and they are giving you the opportunity to try them along with one of my personal favorites – Garlic Gold Red Wine Vinaigrette. This giveaway starts today and ends Tuesday March 20th, 2012. We’ll announce the winner Wednesday March 21st on our Facebook Page. Make sure you enter the giveaway below and be sure to check out the Garlic Gold website for all their wonderful products!
- 1 1/4 cups dry couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs
- 5 cups raw spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes, drain and reserve the juice
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used Daiya Mozzarella Shreds)
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 3 tbsp Garlic Gold Herbs de Provence Nuggets
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pan over high heat. Add the couscous and 1/2 tsp of salt, stir well, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the drained, diced tomatoes, remaining salt and Garlic Gold Herbs de Provence Nuggets and sauté for 10 more minutes.
Mix couscous, spinach, tomato/onion mixture and the tomato juice together in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish
- In a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, mix the couscous, raw spinach, tomato/onion mixture and the reserved tomato juice together.
Sprinkle with cheese and top evenly with breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle with cheese and top evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the cheese it melted and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 37.5, Cal. from Fat: 16.5, Total Fat: 2g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 3.5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: .5g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 391.5mg, Chol: 0mg
If you don’t have any Homemade Breadcrumbs on hand you can use store bought panko or sprinkle some toasted pine nuts over the top.
If you don’t stock Garlic Gold Herbs de Provence Nuggets in your pantry (you should by the way!) then you can substitute with 1 tsp parsley, 1 tsp oregano and 2 tsp basil.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Leftovers are good both cold or warmed up.