The most popular resolution that people make for the New Year is losing weight. Yet so many, by February or March, are no longer sticking to that resolution. WHY? Most people start a restrictive diet and get a gym membership where they do the same exercises over and over again. No wonder 3 months into it and they are done. Who wants a diet that is restrictive and exercise that is repetitive and boring? We already know that eating naked is all about feeding yourself healthy and wholesome foods but what about exercise? How do you keep things interesting so that you stick to an exercise program? You need to find something you love! Whether it’s running, riding your bike or simply walking, if you have something you like to do – you’ll do it and stick to it!
I love running and walking! Being outside in the fresh air, turning up my music and getting in some exercise is pure heaven. Unfortunately I live in the Chicago area and going outside in the winter is just not my thing! While I have a treadmill that I can use, I’m not a fan of indoor running or walking. When I’m forced inside during the winter months I find myself making excuses not to exercise. ”I’ll take today off” or “It’s too late to workout now” or “I’ll get back into it tomorrow” – excuses, excuses, excuses. I had to find another type of exercise program that would work for me. Something that I could do at home and that would be fun and keep me motivated. Well, I found it! Slim in 6 by professional fitness coach Debbie Siebers.
Professional Fitness Coach Debbie Siebers
The Slim in 6 program includes:
- Start It Up! – introduces you to the basic Slim Training (about 30 minutes)
- Ramp It Up! – builds on the basic moves and takes it up a notch (about 55 minutes)
- Burn It Up! – third stage of the six week workout routine (just over an hour)
Bonus workouts and extras:
- Slim & 6-Pack – abdominal workout routine (about 10 minutes)
- Slim & Limber – improves flexibility (about 15 minutes)
- 6-Day Express Diet Plan – diet designed to help you lose up to 6 pounds and 6 inches in your first 6 days.
- Cardio Core! Express – focuses on the abdominal core muscles
- Slim Training Band – resistance band that you use in the program
1. If you are looking for a program that will tone you up and help you shave off some inches then you have a sure winner here! One of the best things with this workout is that you are working your WHOLE body. Debbie works every muscle group! You really get a total body workout. She’s combined strength training and aerobic activity to give you a workout that will not only tone you but get you fit.
2. Personally I love Debbie – I had never heard of her before purchasing this DVD set. I like that she is relatable. For me, I often feel so discouraged when the trainer in the videos are hardcore and ripped. It’s like I’m never working hard enough cause I don’t look like them. Debbie is toned and you can tell she’s in amazing shape but she looks like a normal, everyday woman. It feels like I’m working out with a friend rather than a trainer.
Counter and timer on bottom of screen
3. I love that a timer and counter are on the screen at all times. Each time you start a different move there is a counter that counts down how many more reps you have left to do! Plus there is a timer that is always there showing you how much time is left in your workout. It’s so helpful!
4. If I can do this program ANYONE can do this program. I’m what you would call – COMPLETELY uncoordinated. I can watch someone put 2 feet together and I will still not get it right the first time around. The first video shows you all the moves and puts them together in a simple workout. Debbie gives excellent instructions and shows you the proper techniques and positions for each move. I was able to figure them out quickly and in no time was doing the moves as seamlessly as she was. Because I had the basic moves down by the time I switched to the next 2 DVD’s I had no problem keeping up right from the beginning.
5. I love that you start off with a 30 minute workout and then ease your way up. On average it takes 21 days for a change to become habit. I’ve tried home workout programs in the past and have given up way too quickly because they took way too long to complete and for someone starting out I did not have the strength to do it all. I never gave myself a chance to make it a habit. But with Slim in 6 you work out for the first 1-2 weeks on the first video which is 30 minutes. I was so surprised at how fast those 30 minutes went! I actually looked forward to those 30 minutes each day. By the time I switched to the 2nd DVD I had already made working out part of my daily routine and switching to a full 55 minutes wasn’t that big of a change. For those that have a hard time sticking to a program this is a perfect way to change that behavior!
6. If you are not a fan of constant babble then you’ll love this program. Debbie keeps it simple. She shows you how to do the moves and will encourage you to “Get to it” but there isn’t talking just to fill the time.
If you are extremely overweight and out of shape you’ll probably want to opt for a lower impact workout first. While each video does have a person working out along side Debbie that shows you alternative moves for lower impact – you still need to be somewhat in shape to start this program.
Slim in 6 is a DVD series that is put out by Beachbody. While you can purchase the videos through Amazon it’s actually cheaper to buy them from Beachbody – Beachbody total is $59.85 for the entire set. If you already have a Beachbody coach you can purchase them directly through your coach or you can click on the link below to purchase them.
To Purchase Slim in 6 Click Here!
Please note that I am not compensated for any purchases made through this link. The link simply allows you to purchase the set through Beachbody.
Thanks for your site. There’s lots of interesting stuff on it.
And I, too, have the Slim in 6 series.
I found it interesting that you posted that you wouldn’t be compensated for ppl clicking on the link to buy their beachbody products. I think it’s fair for you to be compensated (even if it’s just a small %). Look at all the time that you put into creating this blog/website for us, as users, read for free. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks again for the info that you share.
I’m always skeptical of reviews that I see on the actual product’s page. I mean, who’s gonna put a bad review out there – although it may be honest – they won’t publish it. They want to make money and will only publish the good comments and reviews – which is fair enough. That’s why I thought it was important for people to know that I don’t profit off what they buy. This way they know that I’m being honest. I really like the Slim in 6 series but I have another workout review that will be published next month that isn’t as positive.
Both Kristy and I love writing this blog/website. While it’s not something we get paid to do it’s gratifying to know that we are helping people live a clean lifestyle. We love getting comments, emails and feedback from our readers – it really makes it all worth it!
Do you like the Slim in 6 series? I just purchased the Zumba DVD’s and I’m excited to give them a try!
Love your website! I think it’s so important to inform as many people as possible of the impact that eating clean can make on their life. I love the Slim in 6. I’m still modifying at this point, can’t keep up with everything but it is really making a difference and I started out in terrible shape. Keep it up, your site is awesome and informative.
We’re glad to hear you are enjoying the site! I agree that spreading the word about clean eating and the positive effects that is has on one’s health as well as the environment is such an important issue. I dream of the day when McDonald’s is replaced by farm stand markets selling organic produce!
I love the Slim in 6 series. It really is perfect for everyone from beginners to advanced. On days when I need a quick workout I will pop in the first DVD and get in a really great 30 minute workout. During the winter when I was stuck indoors I would use the advanced DVD’s and get my workout in that way. Such a great workout!
Jodine , I know for a fact that she is NOT getting compensated for this because I use to sell the beach body DVDs and supplements. If she was, the link would take you to a completely different website that beach body coaches get credit and compensated for….it’s the only way they can track it.
Either way the review is really nicely done!!! Kudos! They have another one that you can see from her link called turbo jam. If you like kickboxing. chalene will give you a workout!
Impressive website. Thanks for the review of the “Slim in Six” DVDs-I’ve been considering buying them, but haven’t yet made that leap. Found your site today; will be trying your recipes very soon. Your “Captcha Code” makes it a little difficult to leave a comment!
Glad you enjoyed the review. Unfortunately we receive a TON of spam comments. We not only have to use the Captcha Code but we have another program that catches the one that get through the code. I’ve adjusted the settings somewhat and it should be a little easier to leave a comment now. Let us know if you have any other problems.