I don’t know what it is about spring time but as soon as the warm weather hits I start craving broccoli salad. I go through a phase where I literally eat it at every meal for about 2 weeks. I’m strange. I know. It’s just so yummy!!!!
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed and florets cut into pieces
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (I used Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Spectrum Brand Organic Mayonnaise)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup roasted no salt added sunflower seed kernels
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine mayo, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, bacon, onion and raisins. Gently stir in the mayo dressing.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Serving size approximately 1 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 173, Cal. from Fat: 77.5, Total Fat: 8.5g, Sat. Fat: .5g, Carbs: 17.5g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 10.5g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 174mg, Chol: 2.5mg
Leftover salad should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
It’s best to reserve some of the sunflowers seeds for any leftovers. The sunflower seeds will lose their crunch by the next day.