For most of my life I was not a breakfast person. It wasn’t until my late 20′s that I finally starting eating breakfast every morning. Now, it’s one of my favorite meals each day – fresh fruit, granola, smoothies – how can you go wrong with such yummy foods? This raisin bread is currently my favorite breakfast item ever. I love eating it straight from the oven but you can also top it with non-dairy butter, coconut oil, peanut butter or jelly. Plus, it’s gluten free so it can be enjoyed by all!
- 1 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-9” baking sheet or pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment just grease the entire pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cracked on the top with browned edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Serve as is or use a knife to slice into pieces.
Makes 4-6 servings.
The amount of water and oil can be adjusted slightly to vary the thickness of the bread. For a thinner bread add another ¼-½ cup water and an additional 1 tablespoon of oil.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread