I don’t eat sweets very often but when I do I want them to count for something and these Trail Mix Energy Bites are full of “something”. Something packed full of super foods like nuts, seeds, goji berries and of course a little chocolate ’cause all treats should have chocolate, right? These little bites of energy producing goodness are great for super hero’s like you so you can fuel up and own the day.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup goji berries (if you substitute with another dried fruit chop roughly)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper leaving a little extra paper at each end to hold on to when removing from the pan later.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, syrup, vanilla and egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and press evenly into all the corners and sides. Bake 15-18 minutes or just until the edges start to turn golden. Don’t over bake. The center should still be somewhat soft when pressed on.
- Cool 5 minutes and then remove from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper to lift the bars out. Place on a cooling rack until completely cooled. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Approximately 35 squares
Baked goods using coconut flour dry out quickly so store in a well sealed bag or container for up to 5 days at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.