Hot, hot hot! It’s been so hot this past week. Hot weather makes me crave cool refreshing foods and watermelon is an ideal ingredient to work with. Good thing the market has been “ripe” with plump melons. Juicy watermelon, crisp cucumber, herbs, a splash of lime and a dash of hot sauce cover all the bases for a cool and clean summer sensation.
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 persian cucumbers, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 green onion, white and green parts, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro sub with basil)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp of your favorite hot sauce or to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Toss gently.
- Chill well before serving.
Approximately 3 cups
Serve as is or toss in some frisee or serve in endive leaves. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Refreshing Watermelon Salad