Salads are my favorite meal and a crunchy one is always top of my list. This salad is full on crunch. Crunchy cabbage, apples, carrots and almonds along with a sweet and sassy dressing that makes this an ideal meal for either lunch or dinner. It’s quick and easy to whip up and full of nutrients and vitamins. Enjoy!
- 3 cups thinly sliced greens of your choice (kale, romaine, napa are all great choices)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onion or chives
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Add to the salad and mix well to evenly coat. You may or may not need all the dressing for your salad.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Leftovers should be stored separately. The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.