The Cheesecake Factory. Oh the memories I have from there. Without a doubt my favorite restaurant pre-naked eating. My husband and I made it our mission to go to The Cheesecake Factory whenever we traveled – we racked up quite an impressive list! While it’s been years since I’ve been there I still can’t help but miss my favorite dishes. Potstickers, Spicy Cashew Chicken, Crispy Beef and Thai Lettuce Wraps – YUM YUM! Now don’t think just because you eat healthy that you still can’t have your favorite dishes. I love taking my restaurant meals and making them healthy – not only do I get to eat yummy food but I have the satisfaction of knowing that it’s good for me and I made it myself!!! My favorite Cheesecake Factory meal is Thai Lettuce Wraps – here is my cleaned up version.
- 6 medium to large butter lettuce leaves (also know as boston bib or just bib lettuce)
- 8 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, cut into thick strips (optional)
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup brown rice noodles
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Savory Peanut Dipping Sauce
1. In a small bowl mix together rice vinegar, honey and a pinch of sea salt. Add cucumber and red onion. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Fill a medium sauce pan about halfway with water. Bring to a boil and add brown rice noodles. Remove from heat and let the noodles sit for about 2 – 4 minutes or until they are tender. Drain water and place rice noodles in a small bowl.
Remove the hard stems from the butter lettuce and place on a large platter. Place carrots and bean sprouts in small dishes and add to platter. Remove cucumber mixture from refrigerator and position on platter. Next add both the chicken and noodles to the platter.
3. If you made your peanut sauce beforehand and it’s refrigerated you’ll want to warm it up a little. Place in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Add sauce dish to the platter.
4.To serve your lettuce wraps, use one lettuce leaf and fill with carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber mixture, noodles, chicken and top with peanut sauce.
Nutritional Info for clean version:
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 197.5, Cal. from Fat: 43.5, Total Fat: 4.5g, Sat. Fat: .5, Carbs: 30.5g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 6g, Sodium: 202mg, Chol: 0mg
Nutritional Info for original version:
Nutrients: Calories: 1,536 , Total Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 5g, Carbs: 114g, Protein: 96g, Sodium: 2,346mg
Original version from The Cheesecake Factory
Most people would think that they are choosing a healthy meal when selecting lettuce wraps but as you can see from the nutritional info they couldn’t be more off. With a whopping 1,536 calories you’ve eaten a days worth of calories in one meal! I won’t even talk about the massive amount of sodium and protein!
The cleaned up version of these wraps make an excellent dish to serve at a potluck or special event. They make a beautiful presentation and everyone can serve themselves with ease!