Both of my kids are fruit lovers. Getting them to eat their veggies can be a struggle. So I wasn’t holding out much hope when I gave them some “superhero and princess chips” that would give them special powers! They ate them all up! The hardest part was sharing – not them, ME! I LOVED these chips and wanted them all for myself!
- 1/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- heaping 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cold milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis cut about 1/4 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese (if using) and black pepper.
- In separate bowl add flour, milk and vinegar. Gently stir until combined but do not over stir.
- Dip zucchini slices in flour mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated zucchini slices on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the slices over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 224.5, Cal. from Fat: 33.5, Total Fat: 3.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 41.5g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 12g, Protein: 9g, Sodium: 459mg, Chol: 0mg
These chips are best eaten right out of the oven. They don’t save well.