I call this Lazy Fried Rice Salad because it’s like fried rice only not fried because I was in a hurry to get lunch made and threw the ingredients together to make a chilled salad instead. Or else it’s because I was just feeling lazy and had all the ingredients assembled but didn’t want to get out a pan and make fried rice. Whatever the reason I’m glad I did. I like the chewy texture of the rice with the crunchy freshness of the vegetables and the Tamari Roasted Almonds are like tasty little treasures hidden throughout the salad. Perfect for a fast lunch or side dish at dinner. Go ahead be a little lazy today too but still enjoy a delicious meal.
- 1 tbsp unrefined toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp unrefined peanut oil
- 1 tbsp mirin (if you don’t have mirin you can substitute white balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari (if you follow a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free tamari)
- 1 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded diakon
- 1/2 cup snow peas, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup Tamari Roasted Almonds, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the oils, mirin, tamari, honey, garlic, ginger, chives and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve cold.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 157, Cal. from Fat: 57, Total Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 20g, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 306mg, Chol: 0mg
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.