Roasted broccoli is one of my favorite side dishes. I love how you can easily change the entire dish with just a simple sauce. I’m a big fan of miso and I love how the sweetness of this sauce brings out the flavor of the roasted broccoli. An easy and simple recipe with big flavor! What more could you ask for?!
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chickpea miso (sweet white miso works great too)
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp Nama Shoyu, soy sauce or tamari (gluten free if needed)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the broccoli florets on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, turning over at least once.
- While the broccoli is roasting mix together the miso, coconut nectar, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Remove broccoli from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and garnish with sesame seeds if using.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
This dish is best served right away. Adjust the recipe accordingly to fit your serving amount.
Roasted Broccoli with Sweet Miso Dressing