Summer will be here before you know it and that means picnics, potlucks, family reunions or just some fun in the sun. This quick and easy to put together mix of summer fruit is a little different from the usual fruit salad and so delicious tossed with the bright flavors of the Lime Basil Dressing. It comes together so quick that it will leave you plenty of time to join in the summer fun.
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raspberries or strawberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- 12 basil leaves, divided
- sea salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor add the oil, lime juice, honey, 10 of the basil leaves and salt. Process until smooth.
- Place the watermelon, tomatoes and raspberries in a serving bowl and toss gently with the dressing.
- Tear the remaining pieces of basil into bits and sprinkle over the fruit along with the toasted pistachios.
This salad is best eaten right away. The dressing can be made ahead of time and kept separate from the other components in the refrigerator then mixed together just before serving.