Before becoming the California girl that I am now I first got my start in Michigan where I was born and raised. Long before I switched to a plant based diet I used to love going to a restaurant called Olga’s Kitchen. Olga’s was started in Michigan and most of it’s locations are still located within the state. One of my favorite menu items was Olga’s Snackers. They would cut up pieces of their Olga bread, add a special seasoning mix and bake it until it was golden brown. It’s probably been over 15 years since I’ve eaten at Olga’s so while this recipe may not be an exact copy of their snackers, it’s certainly a delicious snack that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes
- 4 pita breads cut into 8 pieces each
- 1-2 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or other neutral oil of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the smoked paprika, garlic, salt, oregano and red pepper flakes to a small bowl and mix well. Set the seasoning aside.
- Brush a small amount of oil on each piece of pita bread and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place the seasoned pita pieces on a lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Leftover snackers can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day in a sealed container.